Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Swimming

  The boys just finished up a month of swim lessons.  The Boy has taken them many times, but this was the first for the Baby.  He loved the water and floating on his belly.  He was not a huge fan of floating on his back, but he did pretty well if I rested his head on my shoulder.  By the end of last week, he was kicking and paddling his arms.  I think if he didn't feel the need to hold onto me, he would have taken off!        
      The Boy, well he loves swimming!!  The first day, he jumped off the diving board and swam around in the deep end.  I didn't really learn to swim until I was 8, at least in the deep end.  That was only because a Marine threw me in the water thinking it would be funny.  Boy did he get an earful from my mother after that!!  Needless to say, I was very proud of him.  By the end of his lessons, he was able to swim without any assistance.  He reminded me of a turtle...his head bobbing up and down in the water and he swam.  Too funny!  One day they even got to ride in the canoe.  He was a happy boy after that and told everyone he saw what he got to do in swim that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...