Sunday, May 29, 2011

Texas...na...Oklahoma Sheet Cake

My family has made this cake, well, for as long as I can remember.  We should call it the Oklahoma Sheet Cake, but...well...I think I will from now on.  Introducing the Oklahoma Sheet Cake!!!

This delicious cake just melts in your mouth!!  It is so heavenly and light and creamy with the perfect amount of pecans.  However, in my book you an never have too many pecans. :)  This was the first time I made it, back in March, for The Hubby's birthday.  My mother has always made it and this year, I decided to give it a try.  It came out divine!!!!  He was very pleased and it did not take long for us to finish it off.  It is perfect warm, but gets even better for breakfast the next day!  A slice of this and a cup of coffee, you are good to go for the whole day!  The recipe my family has used for years is also the same one Pioneer Woman uses so I will link to hers.  I hope you give it a try.  It sounds a little difficult, and scary, to make but is really very easy.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I. 

I think I will have to make one for no reason at all...wait, it is a holiday.  Even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...