Monday, January 24, 2011

Calzone

Tonight I made Calzone's!!!  Boy were they yummy!!!  All I did was make some pizza crust, brown some hamburger and sausage, add some tomatoes and cheese and bake at 450 for 15 minutes.  I also drizzled EVOO on top before baking along with some Parmesan cheese.  They were SO good.  The only problem I ran into was letting the dough rise.  My thermostat has decided to not communicate with the heater so I had a cold kitchen, and house.  It's hard to let dough rise in a cold house.  If that should happen to you, turn the over to 200 then turn off when temp is reached and place dough in there for an hour or two. 
To go along with the Calzone, I served a side of marinara sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.  It made about 8 big Calzone's so we have enough for tomorrow.  I love meals that mean I don't have to cook the next night.  Makes life a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...