Friday, January 28, 2011

Mom's Chocolate Chip Cookies

My brother and I grew up eating these cookies.  Mom made them once a week.  My biggest memory is coming home to the smell of these delicious cookies baking and sitting on the counter was a cup of cookie dough.  One for me and one for my brother.  We would indulge ourselves with the uncooked dough and then continue our indulgence with the cookies.  I hope you try them out and enjoy them as much as we do.  Every time I make them, I am taken back to childhood.  Just the smell of them is home.


1 c shortening
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1 t vanilla

Mix these together.  Then add...

2 eggs

Mix.  Add...

1 c flour
1 t soda
1 t salt
3 c oatmeal

Mix this all together then add..

1 package chocolate chips
Pecans (if desired)

Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...