Sunday, January 23, 2011

Meatball Subs

Tonight we had a comfort dinner in our house...meatball subs.  Except tonight, I used the Pioneer Woman's recipe for meatballs.  I am cooking my way through her cookbook The Pioneer Woman and I am almost done.  So far, we have been VERY pleased with her meals.  I think she and I would be such great friends.  We both have ranching in our families, both in Oklahoma, and we love to cook.  She will be in my state next month and I hope to meet her. 
Anyways, I made her meatballs and then sliced some deli rolls and stuffed them with 5-6 meatballs.  I then topped with mozzarella and cheddar cheese, only because I ran out of mozzarella, and broiled them until the cheese melted.  They were outstanding!  (Sorry no picture...I was too hungry and dug right in.  Next time I will post one.  Here is a picture of the Pioneer Woman's.  Just imagine them in a deli roll with melted cheese all on top.  YUM!!!)
3385764631_66b792bc72

2 comments:

  1. That sounds define. I would love to meet her as well. I'm going to have to try these meatballs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am almost done with her cookbook too!! Told Nathan how mad I was that she is coming and I am gone. If you go let me know because I have a cookbook for her to sign!!! :D We made her chicken spaghetti tonight and it was fabulous! Sunday is her cinnamon rolls for Nathan's work. She needs to hurry with #2 book!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...