Monday, February 7, 2011

C



I decided to start a Monday blog title.  Monday's I will be sharing The Boy's letter of the week activities. Two weeks ago, I started teaching him the letters of the Alphabet.  He has known his ABC's for a long time, but that has nothing to do with recognizing the letters and knowing their sounds.  This week we started the letter C.  On Mondays, I introduce the letter of the week to him.  He traces the letters, colors them, and then adds stickers that start with that letter.  For C, I gave him cat stickers to add.  Later this week, he will continue to practice writing his letter c, match captial C and lowercase c's by placing caterpillar's on eaten through leaves, make a caterpillar out of a capital C, and I still have to come up with at least one more activity.  I will try to post some pictures on this post as the week goes.



This is our Chica-Chica Boom Boom Tree.  I am cutting the capital letters in yellow and lower case purple.  Each week The Boy puts the letter we are working on up on the tree.  I just got it done last night and he was pretty excited this morning when he saw it.  It will be nice because we can review the letters we have learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...