Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What A Way To Start The Day

The Hubby gets up to go to work and before he leaves he goes downstairs to open the vents...my mother is coming today to visit so he wanted the guest room to be warm.  What he found was....water.  Water everywhere!!!  The sump pump was unplugged and with all the snow melting and rain we had, we now have lots of water.  Stanley Steamer is here and they said the padding, which we got the nice one, is ruined, some insulation will need to go, and one wall may need to be replaced.  The carpet is salvageable, so that is good.  It is pretty bad down there.  What a mess and what a way to start the day.  I am surprisingly calm about it at the moment.  I think because my mother is coming in a few hours so nothing can take away that excitement.  Oh my...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...