Friday, February 4, 2011

No Bake Cookies

I think I need chocolate like some people need their coffee.  I LOVE coffee, but I NEED chocolate.  So I made my first dairy free dish tonight...my favorite, No Bake Cookies.  I need to play with the recipe a little.  I either need to not let it boil as long or add more almond milk.  They came out very dry, but still taste wonderful.  The Hubby asked if we all had to suffer with my lack of dairy intake.  I responded that he could start cooking his meals then ;)  More adventures await us with my trail for the month. 

1 stick butter
1/2 c almond milk
1/4 c cocoa
2 c sugar

Melt butter in medium pan.  Add ingredients and bring to just boiling.  Let boil for 2 minutes (I may change this to less time so they aren't so dry.  But this is the time when using regular milk and butter)  When time is up, remove from heat and add...

1 t vanilla
1/2 c Peanut Butter (I use crunchy)
3 c oats

Stir and then drop by spoonfulls on waxed paper.

My favorite way to eat these are right away when they are warm and gooey...but you could let them cool.  I refridgerate in an air tight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...